TDSO – Teacher Development Support Organization held a kick-off meeting for its “English for Primary School Teachers (EPST) program” (Cohort 2) on September 15, 2023. EPST is a one-year program designed for primary school teachers in Siem Reap to develop their English language proficiency and pedagogical skills.
Education authorities from the Provincial Department of Education, Youth and Sport (PoE), the District Office of Education (DoE), principals from the 44 target primary schools, and other stakeholders were very well introduced to the following key areas and became very enthusiastic about the program.
• The general information of EPST and the selection process and procedures of 64 trainees,
• The expected learning outcomes and contents of the program,
• Quality Assurance Framework,
• Monitoring and evaluation mechanism (tools, times, people involved),
• Involvement of all stakeholders.
Mr. Veng Kimheng, Director of the Primary Office of the PoE, expressed his great enthusiasm about the opportunity and encouraged all stakeholders to participate fully so that TDSO could implement the training program smoothly and effectively.
Thank you all for your continued support and cooperation.