Terms of Reference for the International Advisory Board
- Purpose and Scope
The purpose of the International Advisory Board for TDSO is to provide guidance, advice, and support to the organization in fulfilling its mission to provide education to underserved communities. The board will provide strategic advice on organizational development, program design and implementation, and fundraising strategies to ensure the success and sustainability of the organization.
- Composition and Selection
The International Advisory Board will consist of individuals with a solid commitment to education and significant field experience. The board will comprise 5-10 members with diverse backgrounds and expertise, including education, business, finance, law, and social services. Members will be selected based on their professional and personal experience and ability to contribute to the organization’s mission and objectives.
At least 33% of the members should be of the other gender.
- Roles and Responsibilities
The International Advisory Board will be responsible for the following:
- Educational programs: The advisory board provides guidance on the development and implementation of educational programs, ensuring that they align with the organization’s mission and are relevant to the needs of the community
- Investor relations, fundraising and resource mobilization: The advisory board advises the management on strategies for fundraising and resource mobilization, including identifying potential donors, developing fundraising campaigns, and building partnerships with other organizations.
- Organizational strategy: The advisory board provides input on the organization’s overall strategy, including its long-term vision, mission, and goals. The board also offers advice on ways to improve organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Marketing and communications: The advisory board offers advice on marketing and communications strategies to promote the organization and its programs, such as developing a strong brand identity and utilizing social media and other digital platforms to reach target audiences.
- Financial management: The advisory board provides guidance on financial management, including budgeting, financial reporting, and investment strategies.
- Ethical, legal and regulatory compliance: The advisory board offers advice on ethical, legal and regulatory compliance issues, such as tax regulations and reporting requirements. The board reviews the annual report of the organisation’s ethical officer.
- Human resources: The advisory board advises the management on human resource policies and practices, including recruitment, retention, and professional development.
- IT-strategy: The advisory board advises on IT-strategy, tools and implementation.
- The International Board of Advisors decides on the structure of the Management Team and its remuneration.
- Term of Appointment
Members of the International Advisory Board will serve a term of two years, with the option to renew for additional terms. Members may resign at any time by providing written notice to the Representative of the Board.
- Meetings and Communication
The International Advisory Board will meet quarterly with additional meetings scheduled as necessary. Meetings may be held in person or virtually. The Representative of the Board will be responsible for setting the agenda, and minutes will be taken at each meeting. Members are expected to attend all meetings, either in person or virtually. In addition to meetings, members will communicate regularly via email, phone, or other electronic means.
- Confidentiality and Conflict of Interest
Members of the International Advisory Board are expected to maintain strict confidentiality about all matters related to the organization. Members are also expected to disclose any conflicts of interest that may arise and recuse themselves from any discussions or decisions related to such conflicts.
Members of the International Advisory Board will serve on a voluntary basis. They will not receive any compensation for their services.
- Amendment and Termination
A two-thirds vote of the members of the International Advisory Board may amend these Terms of Reference. The organization may terminate the appointment of any member for any reason by providing written notice.